For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- a few pinches fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
1. Place sun-dried tomatoes in bowl of hot water for 15 minutes to rehydrate. When they are soft, drain and set aside.
2. Toast the walnuts in a pan for about 7 minutes over medium heat.
3. Transfer walnuts into a food processor with the fennel seeds until finely chopped.
4. Add the rest of the ingredients, except for the marjoram and puree until relatively smooth. Add the marjoram and pulse a few times to combine.
5. Keep the dressing in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
For the pasta salad
- Some sort of pasta – I used spaghetti
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 4 cups rocket
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 1 recipe sun-dried tomato walnut dressing
1. Cook the pasta according the package directions.
2. Drain pasta in a colander and rinse with cold water. Place in the fridge to cool completely.
3. Once pasta has cooled, toss all the ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Keep chilled until ready to eat.