A delicious and easy summer time treat. Makes plenty and is way cheaper than buying them from the shops! A tropical, oriental inspired dish – mangoes and cream with a dash of mint to serve! Yum!
Mango Weiss Bars
recipe adapted from http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/Frozen-Mango-Bars-L2062.html
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 x 425g of sliced mangoes, drained or 4 large ripe mangoes
1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 x 300ml of thickened cream
a handful of mint leaves to serve
1. Combine the sugar and the water in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved
2. Bring to the boil, and boil for 5 minutes, until syrup has thickened slightly. Let the sugar syrup completely cool to room temperature.
3. Blend the mangoes, sugar syrup and lemon juice until smooth.
4. Combine the cream with one cup of the mango mixture. Set the remainder of the mixture aside.
5. Line a square pan with foil, and pour in the mango and cream mixture
6. Partially freeze the mango and cream mixture, give it a rough stir to avoid ice crystals, then freeze again.
7. Pour the left over mango mixture over the frozen mango and cream and freeze completely.
8. Cut into slices and store in the freezer in a container. Wrap them with baking paper to help avoid freeze burn.
9. Garnish with a couple of mint leaves to make it just a little more refreshing.