Hi, my name’s Monique and I’m a peanut butter and choc-oholic.
When Nick and I went to the US and Central America in June 2011, I went a little crazy with the amount of Reese’s peanut butter cups I could eat. Our first stop when we got there was San Diego; naturally the first thing I ate was a giant peanut butter cup (after a 14 hour flight, and 4 hour train trip). Next, a late night, drunken stop to a pharmacy in San Francisco called for a packet of 12 peanut butter cups.. Eaten in 1 sitting. Then Boston, more peanut butter cups from many drug stores. Finally, Connecticut – 4th of July, definitely a time for celebration – with peanut butter cups, Dr. Pepper, Yodels, snack packs, a B.B.Q, beer pong and a hell of a lot of backyard fireworks.
Well, of course when I came back to Australia I toned it down a little since Reese’s is not so readily available. But then I came across this Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownie recipe at Picky Palate and well, I had to try! They didn’t have an overwhelming peanut butter taste, it was just subtle, and simply delicious.
Oreo and Peanut Butter Brownies
1 batch of your favourite brownie recipe (packet mix is fine, too!)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C, line a muffin tray
2. Make your brownie recipe – but do not cook, and set aside
3. Take two Oreos and put a teaspoon ofpeanut butter on top of one, then place the 2nd Oreo on top, with another teaspoon of peanut butter on top of the 2nd Oreo. Repeat.
4. Place each stack into a lined muffin tin
5. Cover each stack with the brownie mixture. Let the mixture run down the stack’s
6. Cook in the oven for about 18 – 20 minutes.
7. Serve warm, with a cup of tea